Just at the west end of downtown Dallas, you’ll find, wait for it, The West End. It’s a historic district and is a popular destination for tourists with more than 7 million people visiting the 3×3 block neighborhood each year. As one of the leading tourist attractions in the city of Dallas, the district is comprised of century-old brick warehouses, offices, urban residences, restaurants and shops.
The West End is two blocks west of the Westin via Main or Elm St.
A few tourist-ish recommendations:
- Segway Tours: http://dallassegwaytours.com
- Sixth Floor Museum: http://www.jfk.org
- Old Red Museum: http://www.oldred.org
- Dallas World Aquarium: http://www.dwazoo.com
They just happen to be within the neighborhood:
- Ellen’s: https://www.gritsrule.com
- The Palm: http://www.thepalm.com/Dallas
- Wine and Spirits: http://1001wineandspirits.com