At the northern edge of Uptown is Knox/Henderson – which is a stretch of restaurants, bars, shops in strips going from the west side of 75/Central to the east, all the way to Ross Avenue. Popular among most crowds, it’s a beast to park and not as accessible via bus/rail. So best to take a Lyft.
USA Today notes a few Knox/Henderson’s 10 best lists: restaurants here: http://www.10best.com/destinations/texas/dallas/restaurants/knox-hendersons-best/ – Of these, our faves include Victor Tango’s, Taverna and Velvet Taco. But we’d also like to note La Duni Latin Cafe, Sissy’s Southern Kitchen and Bar and Abacus (which has one of the best Old Fashioned’s).
The following are pretty choice:
- Barcadia: 1917 N Henderson – Beers and Pac-Man / Playful venue for bar bites, a big beer menu & games galore, from vintage arcade games to skeeball.
- Beauty Bar at 1924 N Henderson – Nightclub chain featuring martinis, DJs & dancing in a retro-salon setting.
- Candleroom: 5039 Willis Ave – Hip club spins the latest dance tunes for a dressed-up crowd in a moody, candlelit space.
- Capitol Pub: 2401 N Henderson – American chow, cocktails & lot of craft beers in an inviting, rustic-chic space with outdoor tables.
- Old Monk: 2847 N Henderson – Pub with a long beer list & lively patio serves American fare, fish ‘n’ chips, mussels & more.